MARCONI, MARSHALL, AND BEYOND...
Marconi is fortunate to be surrounded by the best possible experiences--historically, culturally, and naturally. Behind us are thousands of acres of protected grasslands and in the foreground—Tomales Bay and the Point Reyes National Seashore. Incomparable beauty and majesty in any direction you choose to explore.
Bring comfortable hiking shoes, and always have layers--from a light raincoat or windbreaker (we are near the ocean) to heavier coats in colder months, binoculars for birding and other wildlife, sunscreen and headgear, and maybe a beach towel if you choose.
Whether you come solo or as part of a group, you will want to leave enough time to explore this wonderful corner of the world. Just down the road from Marconi you can enjoy fresh oysters, go kayaking, cycle, or hike miles of National Seashore. Close by are some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, wonders both botanically and geologically, wildlife in the water and above, and dining exploration any foodie will enjoy.
Below are just a few of the things you might choose to do while here.
While at Marconi ...
- EXPLORE -- meander over 3 miles of hiking trails with some of the most spectacular views of Tomales Bay anywhere.
- ENJOY SOLITUDE --spend time alone in the woodland forest or grassland meadows.
- NOURISH YOURSELF --Eat amazing, locally-sourced meals that nourish your body and soul.
- DISCOVER -- Gaze at the magical starlit night, listen for owls at dawn and dusk.
- GET ACTIVE -- Play volleyball, horseshoes, badminton, or maybe play a board game by the fire in the lounge.
- RELAX -- Enjoy your morning coffee watching the pastels over the bay and drink in the sunset with a glass of local wine as the sky becomes a blaze of color.
But don't stop here, enjoy the delights of the surrounding areas, too!
Marconi is a neighbor to the beautiful, scenic towns of Marshall, Pt. Reyes, Inverness, and Tomales--all rich with heritage, activities, and options for your visit. There is so much to explore you will want to return again and again.
We will be here when you do.
Conference guests enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner while meeting at Marconi. Overnight leisure guests are treated to a wonderful farm-to-table breakfast, varying daily. And we hope while with us you will find time to try out some of the other local eateries this area is famous for. Here are a few:
- Bovine Bakery - open 7 days a week. 11315 CA-1, Point Reyes Station, CA 94956 415.663.9420 For lunch, the Bovine serves soup daily as well as pizza. http://www.bovinebakeryptreyes.com/
- Cafe Reyes - 94956 Point Reyes Station, CA (415) 663-9493
- FarmHouse - 10005 Coastal Highway 1, Olema, CA 94950 (415) 663-1264 http://www.thelodgeatptreyes.com/dine.html
- Fog's Kitchen - 12938 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, Inverness, CA 94937 (415) 669-9696 http://www.fogskitchen.com/
- Hogg Island Oyster - great place on the bay for fresh and BBQ oysters and more. This is a popular spot and reservations are required. 20215 Shoreline Highway
Marshall CA 94940.415.663.9218 https://hogislandoysters.com/
- Marshall Store - Another fun location to eat on the bay just down the hill from Marconi. Try the fish tacos, they are delicious! 19225 State Route 1, Marshall, CA 94940 (415) 663-1339 http://www.themarshallstore.com/
- Nick's Cove - restaurant on the bay with a fun boat dock to hang out at and eat or drink a glass of wine, too. 23240 Highway 1, Marshall, CA 94940 · 866-63-NICKS · 415-663-1033 https://nickscove.com/
- Osteria - Good Italian food with local, organic ingredients. 11285 Highway 1, Point Reyes Station, CA 94956 415.663.9988 http://osteriastellina.com/
- Saltwater Oyster Depot and Wine Bar - 12781 Sir Francis Drake Inverness, CA 94937 (415) 669 1244 http://www.saltwateroysterdepot.com/
- Sir and Star at the Olema - 10000 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, Olema, CA 94950 (415) 663-1034 http://sirandstar.com/
- Station House Cafe - Lots of organic options. Open 6 Days a Week 8 am to 9 pm CLOSED WEDNESDAYS. 11180 CA-1, Point Reyes Station, CA 94956 (415) 663-1515, http://www.stationhousecafe.com/
- Toby's Coffee Bar - 11250 CA-1, Point Reyes Station, CA 94956 (415) 663-1223 http://www.tobyscoffeebar.com/
- Tomales Bay Oyster Co - 15479 Highway One Marshall, CA 94940 (415) 663-1243 https://www.tomalesbayoystercompany.com/
More fun each time you visit!
Point Reyes National Seashore is a 71,028-acre park preserve located on the Point Reyes Peninsula in Marin County, California. As a national seashore, it is maintained by the US National Park Service as an important nature preserve. https://www.nps.gov/pore/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm
Kayaking early morning on Tomales Bay is a visual haven. You will think someone dropped you into a postcard.
Cycle Point Reyes:
The Taste of Marin
- West Marin Food & Farm Tours - www.foodandfarmtours.com
Wine and Cheese Tastings:
- Cowgirl Creamery - 80 4th St, Point Reyes Station, CA 94956 (415) 663-9335 https://www.cowgirlcreamery.com/
- Pt. Reyes Vineyards - 12700 Shoreline Hwy, Pt. Reyes, CA (415) 663-1552 http://www.ptreyesvineyardinn.com/
- Pt Reyes Farmstead Cheese - 14700 Shoreline Hwy, Pt Reyes, CA (415) 663-8880 https://www.pointreyescheese.com/
- Tomales Farmstead Creamery & Toluma Farms 5488 Middle Road, Petaluma, CA (707) 878.2041 offer farm tours, cheese making classes and tastings- http://www.tolumafarms.com/
Staying Around The Area
Local B&B's and Inns:
There are many wonderful places to stay in and around Marshall and Tomales Bay. Pick from these or stay at Marconi, depending on your personal preferences and availability. But book early, all of us sell out in peak seasons.
- Inn at Roundstone Farm - www.foodandfarmtours.com
- Bear Valley Cottage - https://bearvalleycottage.com/
- Abalone Inn - http://www.abaloneinn.com/
- Apple Garden Cottage - http://applegardencottage.com/
Houses for Rent:
- Two Houses on the Bay -- https://www.vrbo.com/480942
- Mermaid's House - https://www.vrbo.com/118725
- Tranquility on the Bay - https://www.vrbo.com/360090
- Pt Reyes Hostel - https://www.hiusa.org/hostels/california/point-reyes/point-reyes
Other Local Resources
- Download Printable Local Area Guide
- Commonweal Gardens/Regenerative Design Great place to learn about sustainability while enjoying the Pt. Reyes area. Check out their calendar of programs.
- Yoga Studios -
- Yoga Toes Studio - yogatoesstudio.com
- Need a Hair Cut?
- Enjoy a Massage
- Local Artists
- Jude Vasconcellos - http://bronzejude.com/bronzejude.com/Home.html
- Henna anyone?
- Henna Dreams - http://www.hennadreams.org/
- Cypress Grove (Audubon Canyon Ranch) - http://www.egret.org/preserves_cypress
FAQ's About Your Stay
Marconi is a unique venue, and we hope that during your stay you’ll have time to appreciate the rich human and natural history that surrounds us. We want your visit to be as rewarding and satisfying as possible. Here are some details that can help you plan.
– Please check in and out at the Front Desk in the Check-In Building.
– Check-in: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
– Check-out: 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. (Bring your key!)
– Late check-out (after 10 a.m.) may incur an additional day’s charge.
– Meals are served in Redwood Dining Hall.
– Breakfast buffet: 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
– Lunch buffet: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (conference guests only)
– Full service dinner: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.* (conference guests only)
*Seating later than 6:30pm requires pre-approval by Marconi.
– Please read fire safety instructions in your room and note the location of fire exits, extinguishers and public telephones.
– We appreciate your help conserving energy by using water wisely and turning off heat and lights when your room is not occupied.
– Cooking appliances, candles and incense are not allowed.
– We recommend you close and lock windows and doors when you leave your room. We do not have safe deposit boxes.